By Lagos youth for Sanwo-olu
The four years of the Governor of Lagos, Mr Babajide Olusola Sanwo-olu since he assumed office in 2019 was filled with momentum and monumental projects littered the state of Aquatic splendour. In this Regards, *LAGOS YOUTH FOR SANWOOLU* is x-raying and taking a glance at the administration of the working governor in the last four years, having done remarkably well in his first term. As May 29, 2023 Inauguration/Swearing-in Ceremony of his second term is about to berth, We have taken a cursory look at his activities cum achievements and we would like take you back to some of the developmental milestones recorded;
1. ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE:
* Constructed combined High/Magistrate Courts in Igando/Imota
* Established forensic toxicology and chemistry section and enhancement of security and other sections of Lagos State DNA and forensic center phase 2 by Tunkey Project
2. SECURITY/EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT:
* 180 Patrol Vehicles
* 200 Patrol Motorcycles
* 4-high capacity troupe carriers
* Armoured personnel carriers etc.
* Commissioning of Glover hall
* Disbursed #200 million as loans to 37 Nigerian film Makers.
* Reconstruction of J.K Randle center for yoruba culture, Onikan-Lagos.
* Renovation of 9 Youth Centers in Lagos Island, Badagry, Ikeja, Mogodo, Abesan, Akowonjo, Ikorodu, Epe, and Isheri-Magodo.
* Construction of film City on 100 hectares in Ejirin in Epe LG. Etc
4. FOOD SECURITY:
* Trained 97 Senior Secondary school Agricultural Science Students, Agricultural Science teachers and Education Desk officers under the 2021 Agricultural Summer school programme.
* Established semi-mechanised abattior in oko-oba in collaboration with private Sector.
* Trained 575 women and youths, Comprising 240 in aquaculture, 300 in poultry, and 35, under the APPEALS project in rice farming.
* Commissioned 32-metric Tons per hour, IMOTA Rice mill
* Empowered 190 youths, Women in fish cage culture etc
5. INTER-MODAL TRANSPORTATION:
* Construction of jetties
* Commissioning of Electric Bus
* Commissioned Blue Rail Line
* Red Rail line still under construction etc
* Upgrade of Over 970 public Primary and Secondary Schools
* Upgraded 2 higher Institutions to Universities
* Constructed 4,000 flats for the staff of Lagos State University (LASU)
* Trained 18, 000 teachers under EKO EXCEL
* Commissioned 16 Housing projects in 3 years.
* Relaunched Jigi Bola with a target of reaching over 250,000 Lagosians
* Permanent 300 Isolation Bed Center, Yaba
* 563, 210 Lagosians Covered under the Health insurance Scheme
* Comprehensive renovation of public health facilities across the State. etc
9. ENVIRONMENTAL REGENERATION:
* Locally assembled 100 double dino bins for the use of Lagos Waste Management Agency (LAWMA)
* Inaugurated LAWMA Academy to promote environmental cleanliness
* Expanded Olusosun dumpsite to 42 Acres to accommodate more waste and ensure that trucks have a quicker turn around time.
* Acquired a Briquette facility, which can process about 1,700 kg of sawdust per hour, in Agbowa (Ikorodu Division)
10. SOCIAL/ECONOMIC INTERVENTIONS:
* Empowered 1,050 women in the second phase of the 2022 mega empowerment programme.
* Produces over 6,000 graduates yearly from state’s 19 skills acquisition centers.
* Supported 2, 704 Lagos Residence whose means of livelyhood were disrupted by COVID-19 etc
Ladies and Gentlemen, with all the afformentioned despite not comprehensive enough, we can accentuate that the first term of Mr Babajide Olusola Sanwo-olu was an epitome of dedicated service. Let us embrace the continuity of a working governor has he embark on another journey of *A GREATER LAGOS RISING* as this administration consolidates.
Research and Compilation by: femiOJO, he is the P.R.O, Lagos Youth for Sanwoolu.