Hon. Adeyemi Oshodi popularly known as ADOSH was installed as the 2nd president of the Accord Brothers alongside other Executive Members of the group.
Mr Adeniji Olawale, Pioneer President of the association stated that most youths try to seek shortcuts to achieve their goals, and some of them are unwilling to take the time to work hard at improving their skills and talents.
In his opening speech, the pioneer president continued, “Preferably, they want to leave school today and own a house, car and other luxuries of life in the shortest possible time”.
“The economy and state of the country are not friendly in recent times, however, we don’t want our youths to see this as an excuse for not pursuing their goals”.
Senator Adeseye Kingsley Ogunlewe (Member Governor advisory council Lagos State) at the Installation of Hon. Adeyemi Oshodi as the 2nd president of the Accord brother alongside other executive of the association, admonished the group on the need for unity among them and shared with them importance of living with oneness.
Senator Ogunlewe also urged the brothers to also look into the educational aspects of our youths and charged them to come up with programmes and projects for education which he is always ready to support,he said this can only be achieved when they bring themselves together and work in peace with the intention of helping to develop our society and prevent it from all social vices.
Hon. Adeyemi Oshodi (PKA ADOSH) who was installed as the 2nd president of the Accord Brothers alongside other Executive Members of the group gave his speech at the Installation of the new executive of the association which was held at De Shokis hotel, Igbogbo/Bayieku, Lagos State.
“It gives me great pleasure to stand before you this day to witness and be a part of this occasion that signifies and embodies continuity, civility as well as an indelible mark for selfless service to humanity.
I would like to thank the Almighty God for his mercies and blessings that has brought me thus far, and I am assured of his grace which will take us even further. I am grateful that God has made it possible for all of us present here and in extension to all others wherever they may be.
I am humbled at the decision of the members of The Accord Brothers (TAB) to honor me with such a high position and my gratitude to you all for your confidence in me is boundless, THANK YOU!
I acknowledge everyone who in one way or the other, has continued in encouraging me, may you all have success written alongside your names in all your endeavors.”
“Join me as I lead you into the journey of TAB 2023
1. We have designed a questionnaire which would help in getting the data of Igbogbo indigenes in the public primary schools, the best students, the undiscovered ones, the factors affecting the majority, the position of the Igbogbo indigenes and the possible solutions to the identified diminishing factors.
This will definitely help in encouraging compulsory quality primary education for all.
2. You will all agree with me that, Today’s students are visual learners, and a field trip or excursion allows them to touch, feel and listen to what they’re learning about, this helps them build on classroom instructions, gain better understanding of topics, build cultural understanding and tolerance, and still exposing them to worlds outside their own. It also allows the kids to get new experiences and observe new things that are not available at school. We would partner with educational agencies to take the best students in our public primary schools on excursions for exposure and practical experiences.”
3. BrainTAB – a competition for the secondary school students aimed at improving their educational standards and helps in preparing them for national and international examinations and competitions.
4. LAUNCH YOUR TABS – “TALENT AND BUSINESS SKILLS – This is an innovative reality contest that will focus on unveiling talents, business ideas and skills in youths in the community. Contestants would be selected among the undergraduates and graduates.
The participants will commence the contest by presenting their skills, talents, or business ideas, develop it, build a business plan from it and actualize it.
5. TAB ACADEMY – the idea is to have a platform where undergraduates in the community would be trained with focus on leadership skills and other technical skills. Registered members of this platform will also be taken through practical know-how of the following; cv/resume writing, motivation letter writing, cover letter writing, business proposals/plans, letter of intent, research proposal, academic research, personal statement, etc.
6. TAB TV – we also intend to launch an online tv where we host individual and community development programs. For students, community leaders, innovators, strategists, youth advocates, leaders, business owners, etc.
Others will include; environmental sanitation, health programs, donation of educational materials, empowerment programs, etc.”
Hon. Hammed Aroyewun, Mr Babatunde Afuwape, Hon. David Alagbe, Princess Adetola Ogunlewe, Princess Abiodun Oyefusi, Labour Party Deputy Governorship Candidate, Lagos state, Com. Billiamin Olalekan Oba, Chairman NYCN, Lagos State.
Others are Barr. Adeboye Dankuwo, Mr Tolulope Faniyi Chairman De Vanguard, Lion Kazeem Ogunmuyiwa, President, Igbogbo Youth Coalition, Mrs Opemipo Hamzat, Alhaji Sulaimon Ayokunle – CEO Sula Delicious Bread, Mr Nosiru Titilope Andu Balogun, CEO, Andus D’Great Schools, and Hon. Basirat Banjoko, Councilor Ward C1, Igbogbo/Baiyeku LCDA among others.