The National Youth Council of Nigeria, Ikorodu West Local Branch in a statement personally signed by the Coordinator; Comr Asoro Abubakri Olatunji CSIWY has reeled out it score card for 2020.
The council appreciates Sen Tokunbo Abiru, Hon Babajimi Benson MHR, Hon S.O.B Agunbiade and Hon Ademehin Olajumoke Jimbo for their supports to the youths.
Read the full text below:
To whom much is given, much is expected. About six months ago, you gave my colleagues and I the mandate to pilot the affairs of the youths of Ikorodu West LCDA, it’s pertinent to intimate you on what we have done with the mandate since assuming office an half a year ago.
The National Youth Council of Nigeria was established by the National Youth Policy as the umbrella body of all youth organizations (political, religious, regional, ethnical etc), thereby establishing a government of the youths by the youths and for the Youths. The 4th administration of NYCN Ikorodu West Local branch was inaugurated on June 11th, 2020 and here is how far we have come:
- Paid a courtesy visit to major stakeholders (Still on going)
- Organised Walk Against Rape, Drug Abuse and Cultism on August 11th, 2020
- Organised Youth Summit in commemoration of International Youth Day on Aug 12th, 2020
- Hosted our maiden management meeting with over 20 youth organisation representatives in attendance
- Creation & launch of Job portal for unemployed youths and youths with business ideas
- Organised Sexual Awareness Program in partnership with FARCE to curb Sexual harassment, sexual asault, female genital mutilation etc
- Facilitated over 15 INEC adhoc staff job
- Facilitated 2 confirmed NDE job for youths
- Facilitated #30,000 MSME grant to two youths through Hon Babajimi Benson
- Provision of over 150 palliatives to youths courtesy Hon Babajimi Benson, Sen Tokunbo Abiru & Council Chairman; Hon Princess Ademehin Olajumoke Jimbo
- Provision of palliative to widows courtesy Hon Babajimi Benson
- Trained and provided Nylon machine and start up materials to youth courtesy department of Woman Affairs and Poverty Alliviation headed by Hon Enitan Jessica Oba
- Embarked on mass awareness campaign to curb the destruction of public properties at the climax of the #endSARS Protest
- Paid courtesy call on police authorities at the beginning of the #endSARS protest to call for end to police brutality within the LCDA.
Other programs attended include:
- On October 30, the council participated in the Lagos House of Assembly Stakeholders Consultative meeting hosted by Hon S.O.B Agunbiade where calls for compensation to businesses and victims of the #endSARS protest including creation of enabling environment for new businesses and funding was made.
- On October 8, the Council participated in the stakeholders meeting on Rehabilitation of Oba Sekumade Road by Gov Babajide Sanwoolu and called for engagement of youths within the LCDA for the reconstruction process.
- On October 29, the council participated in the 2021 stakeholders consultative Forum meeting called by the LCDA and call for the rehabilitation of Ebute Empowerment Centre and provision of start up fund for youths with business idea.
This and many more we have done in 2020. Our appreciation to all stakeholders in Ikorodu West LCDA starting from Sen Tokunbo Abiru, Hon Babajimi Benson (MHR), Hon S.O.B Agunbiade (ML, LAHA), Hon Ademehin Olajumoke Jimbo; Chairman Ikorodu West, Hon Sesen Dada; Vice Chairman.
We appreciate members of the management team of Ikorodu West LCDA led by Mr Oladipo Otinwa (Council Manager) with special appreciation to Department of Youths and Social Development under the able leadership of &Mr Abubakar Ibrahim (H.O.D)_ his rightivist; Mrs Adewunmi Omolola (Hamirah) and many others too numerous to mention.
My fellow Executives have been wonderful, on their behalf we wish you all a PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR while looking forward to your continuous prayer, contribution and support towards fulfilling our mandate going forward to 2021.
Once again, may you and yours be blessed in 2021.