BLDR. Olusesan Mayokun Daini the Executive Chairman of Igbogbo/Baiyeku LCDA gives account of stewardship of his administration in the last four years, he promises to do more, also seeks for private partnership in actualizing more projects in the Local Government, of which some Private institutions have shown interest to make Igbogbo/Baiyeku LCDA a better place.
In the speech of Bldr. Daini at the media Parley giving account of stewardship of his administration goes thus:
Ladies and gentlemen,
Let me begin this account of stewardship with graces to God for his infinite mercy endureth forever. It is by His Will that the good people of Igbogbo-Bayeku LCDA overwhelmingly voted for me and here we are, 1358days into the lifespan of our 4-year mandate and social contract with our people. I thank our political leaders, traditional institution and community leaders, whose unflinching support, guidance and cooperation cannot be over-emphasized.
My profound gratitude to the leader and members of the legislative arm, management team and entire staff of the council for their ever relentless commitment and sense of duties which cumulated in the successes recorded by our administration in the last 1,358days.
This media parley is an opportunity to answer to our real masters – our people, clarify our approach to governance, our developmental priorities and the overall impact of our tenure in the lives of our people since July 2017 till date
Despite the meager resources at our disposal, we have touched every strata of the society resulting in improved socio-economic development of our people.
It is important at this juncture to highlight some of the accomplishments of our administration within the period under review.
- Construction of 63 Squadron base of the Nigeria Police Mobile Force in Igbogbo/Bayeku LCDA
- Inauguration of the LNSC officers
- Presentation of security vehicles to Igbogbo police station
- Inauguration of Security Local Joint Table Force.
- Inauguration and provision of power Bike and walkie-talkie for Local Joint task force
- Placement of 50 security officers on monthly salaries
- Total Reconstruction of Lajo Primary School Block of seven (7) classrooms into an ultra-modern learning outfit.
- Facilitation of the one block of 8-classroom by Hon. Jimi Benson at Ibeshe Primary School
- Construction of perimeter fence for Baiyeku Primary School, Methodist Primary School, LG Primary School, Igbe Laara
- Presentation of free G.C.E forms and JAMB forms to Igbogbo/Bayeku LCDA indigenes
- Organised Spelling Bee Quiz competition at the council secretariat
- Distribution of learning materials to Primary school pupils as part of the efforts at accentuating the SDG 4.
- Payment of Bursary awards to 100 students in 2018, 2019
- Award of Scholarships to five(5) Students: Secondary school (Two (2) students), Tertiary institution (Three (3) Students)
- Presentation of Deep Freezer to the Lagos State Girl’s Junior model College, Agunfoye, Igbogbo
- Global Diabetes walk and free diabetes screening and community awareness.
- Breast Cancer Awareness programme by Comrade Daini in conjunction with Heart wells group and WABIO foundation.
- Flagoff of health initiative for rural dwellers in conjunction with National Youth Service Corps and Igbogbo/Bayeku LCDA
- Flag-off of measles vaccination campaign at Ibeshe Public Health Centre
- FREE EYE CARE SERVICES in conjunction with EYE FOUNDATION HOSPITAL
- Facilitation of a new PHC at Majoda Ibeshe By Hon. Jimi Benson
- Commissioning of block of maternity wards at Bayeku Primary Health Center
- Construction of Wire fence at Ojota bus/stop as a palliative measure to Avert tragedy and refuse dumping by the Executive Chairman of Igbogbo/Bayeku LCDA.
- Environmental Sanitation Exercise on cleaning of identified black spot by the Executive Chairman “Keep Igbogbo/Bayeku Clean or Leave”
- Campaign against hawkers to vacate road side to avert the regular gridlock at Igbogbo
- Distribution of relief materials to flood victims at Esteem CDA Unity Estate, Igbogbo
- Sensitilization and creating of awareness on waste refuse management and inauguration of environmental sanitation committee
- Dredging of Canals in Igbogbo, Ibeshe, Selewu, and Agunfoye
- Commissioning/Opening of U.B.A ATM cash centre gallery by Comrade Olusesan Daini on 22nd September, 2017.
Flag–off construction of road drainage and street light at oliwo amoju – Olayinka Moshood Hassan Street
- Commissioning/Opening of Sterling Bank a new generation bank in Igbogbo
- Construction of administrative block and presentation of official vehicles to the legislators
- Construction of ultra modern Kaniyi Owode market Igbogbo.
- Opening and Grading of market street to alternate parking of commercial vehicles
- Construction of magistrate court inside the IBLCDA premises funded by Odofin of IKORODU.
- Prompt Payment of Salaries
- Uninterrupted Payment of Staff Bonuses, first of its kind in the history of IBLCDA
- Presentation of official vehicles to the legislators, supervisors and traditional rulers
- Presentation of stipends/grants to the aged and traders
- Structured Training Programme for eligible officers
- Distribution of Covid19 Relief Materials to various communities and groups.
- Miss Adeboruwa Beauty Pageant Sponsorship
- Skills acquisition programmes for youth in tailoring, styling etc
- Sponsorship of youth empowerment during Igbogbo Day
- Inauguration of the revenue committee for Igbogbo/Bayeku LCDA
- Tagging and branding of Revenue team
Presenation of two(2) new branded Revenue buses
Presents at the media Parley are the Vice Chairman Hon. Adegboyega Titilola, SLG Barr. Ade Ayeni, Deputy Leader of the legislative arm, HODs, CDC, and other Group bodies in Igbogbo/Baiyeku LCDA.