The Executive cabinet of National Youth Council of Nigeria, Imota Local Council Development Area Local Branch led by Comrade Folarin Adegboyega Awal today 9th of December, 2020 reel out her stewardship account as the administration clocks 200 days in office.
The marking of 200 days in office had become very necessary for this present administration of the youth council to present another moment to prove her capacity and to continue setting pace for other youth organizations in Lagos State and entire Nigeria at large.
The whole journey to re-birth a new dawn in Youth Council of Imota LCDA which started on 4th of June 2020 has encapsulated in the “We Mantra” – the action plan and developmental agenda for youths in Imota LCDA.
In a bid to steer the ship of youth affairs on the path of growth and development, in the last 100 days to 200 days in office, the executive cabinet had dim it fit to embark on the following activities, projects, and programme.
- Organize an online Instagram Live chat on Rethinking The Season with Mr. Seun Elesho to analysed our 100 days in office on 6th of September 2020.
- Introduction and Launching of NYCN Imota LCDA Job Portal which serves as database of unemployed youths in Imota LCDA.
- Mobilize youths in Imota LCDA and organize a peaceful protest during #EndSARS at Imota roundabout.
- Play a dominant role in ensuring peace and tranquillity in the entire Imota LCDA and protect the community heritage – Lagos Rice Mill Factory during the period of curfew imposed by Lagos State Government.
- Distribute 100 pieces of Food items as palliative to all the youth organizations in Imota LCDA on 31st of October, 2020 in celebration of World Food Day.
- Organize Clean Up Imota LCDA Project on 7th of November 2020 in commemoration of National Youth Day.
- Distribute food items received from Private Sector Coalition Against COVID-19 (CACOVID) as palliative to youths organizations in Imota LCDA on 28th of November, 2020.
- Nominated the training of youths in Imota LCDA into National Directorate of Employment (NDE) from NYCN Lagos State Chapter.
- Assisted youths in Imota LCDA during recruitment process of INEC AD-HOC Staff for Lagos East Senatorial District Bye-election.
- Assisted youths in Imota LCDA that applied for Lagos State Internship Jobs.
- Assisted youths in Imota LCDA that are seeking for admission into tertiary institutions particularly LASU and LASPOTECH.
- Participated in public presentation of the stage 3 draft final report of Ikorodu Sub-Region Master Plan held on 6th of October, 2020 at Ikorodu Town Hall.
- Participated in Town Hall Meeting with youths from Lagos East Senatorial District organized by Mr. Tokunbo Abiru on 11th of October 2020 at Aquila event centre, Ikorodu.
- Attended the hosting of Mr. Tokunbo Abiru organize by the Executive Chairman of Imota LCDA on 14th of October, 2020 at Ejina Market square, Imota.
- Organize a condolence greeting to Comrade Folarin Adegboyega Awal and Comrade Salaudeen Adewale Ayuba during the loss of their respective grand parents.
- Attended Constituency Stakeholders Meeting of Hon. Nurudeen Saka Solaja on 29th of October 2020 held at Homat Hall, Igbogbo.
- Attended 19th Memorial Lecture of Prof. A.A. Adegbola organized by Ikorodu Division Human Resource Development Group on 7th of November, 2020 held at Ikorodu Town Hall, Ikorodu.
- Shared loaves of bread as palliative among executive of NYCN Imota LCDA Local Branch recieved from Dangote Pasta Foundation through the Executive Chairman of Imota LCDA on 9th of November, 2020.
- Attended naming ceremony of Comrade Okelarin Olugbenga’s daughter on 15th of November 2020
- Attended inaguration of the newly elected executive of Maja Youth Development Association on 29th of November, 2020.
- Attended 3 days Entrepreneurship Training For Unemployed Youths and Women in Ikorodu Federal Constituency facilitated by Hon Babajimi Benson, from December 1st – 3rd, 2020 at fun city, Ikorodu.
- Ensure continuity of the celebration of different personalities from Imota LCDA during their birthdays.
It would be recalled that in the last 100 days, several programmes and projects, aimed at promoting the welfare and well-being of the youths across Imota LCDA were executed by this administration. However, we therefore assured all the youths of Imota LCDA that our commitment to continue to work towards initiating programmes and project targeted at youth development remain unflinching, we want to use this medium to also restate our passion for the course of doing serious business of governance and we will continue to conversing on how to move Imota LCDA forward.
We, executive cabinet of NYCN Imota LCDA Local Branch congratulate ourselves, we want to use this medium to appreciate all and sundry for the love and support as we continue to work towards achieving the set goals in our action plan and developmental agenda.
We will continue to uphold an all inclusive, transparent and accountable administration. We are committed to listening to ideas, suggestions and observations that can help the present administration of the Youth Council to do all these things that we wanted to do in a workable and practical ways as we move forward on the journey to greatness.
God bless Imota LCDA
God bless NYCN Imota LCDA Branch